A roadtrip in regional Victoria (and just over the border).
Earlier this week we went on a little road-trip visiting Port Fairy, Penola and Dunkeld with a few little stops at local wineries along the way.
Over the past few weeks I've been watching my workload slowly grow, with the lead up to Christmas. I've recently been approached by a couple of magazines about my Harvest Haversacks possibly being featured, which is so exciting! I am also going to be at a few upcoming design markets selling my bags direct to consumers. With this extra publicity and attending the large markets, I'm predicting some super busy times over the next few months.
So, I grabbed the opportunity before things got too gnarly, to runaway for a few days to enjoy the wide open road, a few glasses of wine, and some time with my boyfriend.
1. The Royal Mail Hotel: We enjoyed the degustation menu for dinner; 9 courses with accompanying wines. Oh, so delicious!
2. Clouds covering the top of Mt Sturgeon
3, 4 & 5. Beautiful bright yellow canola fields near Lismore on our way to a few wineries in Penola.
6. We headed to the beach in Port Fairy to try and spot the whales whom were swimming past, but we unfortunately couldn't see them that day.
7. It was such a gorgeous sunny day we sat on the rocks and had a cold beer whilst watching a few surfers. ♦
September 14, 2012
September 07, 2012
In my ongoing crusade to be more organised, and make sure I remember to step back and enjoy this path I'm currently on, I've decided to set aside some time everyday to do one drawing (or more if I get carried away, but at least one, everyday).
You can see my daily drawings on my instagram (@harvesthaversack), as well as once a month I will make a few of my drawings pretty and colourful, and post them on this blog! I only started a week ago, and have been very much enjoying myself so far, here are a couple to start off with...
1. A cup of hot chocolate with melting marshmallows
2. Orange chiffon cupcake (I made these today and they are so yum!)
3. My Casio calculator
4. Red nail polish and nail polish remover ♦